Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Xterra Skimo Race

Stats:

Length of Course: 12k
Total Vert: 4262 (according to my Suunto)
Total Descent: 4262
Time: between 1:15 and 1:20
Total Time Climbing: 1:09
Time Descending: 9 min
Rate of ascent: 60 fpm
Placings: Brian Smith (1st), Travis Scheefer (2nd), Mike Tobin (3rd), Me (4th)
Blisters: 1 on my toe
Gates missed: NONE! (Last year I think I was penalized 8 minutes for missing gates)
Athletes "Saving it for tomorrow": Eric Sullivan, Nico LeBrun, Jari Kirkland

Props to the Crested Butte folks for making the drive. Their presence really makes things fun (and competitive).

2 comments:

Ski Bike Junkie said...

Nice work.

Michael Tobin is a fast dude--he has been putting the hurt to Boise cyclists for a long time.

Layne said...

You guys were wicked fast. Maybe there is something to all the light scarpa & dynafit gear you guys were using.

Maybe next time I'll try and do a race not in my Nordica Beasts and 187cm skis. Anyways, it was a super fun race and good job on the high-placing finish.