Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Time for a Uinta Traverse?

I think the time is ripe for a Uintas speed traverse. I'm thinking of starting at Henry's Fork Campground, hooking onto the Highline Trail and ending up at Hayden Pass on the Mirror Lake Highway. Anyone have any beta on conditions? or route?

 


I got a GPS and some mapping software. I don't know why I didn't do this a long time ago, it's really useful and really cool. With it, I've been looking at possible routes. The route I'm looking at is roughly 53 miles with about 11k elevation gain. The 11k in a single-push is easily doable. It's the 53 mile part that I'm wondering about, especially if conditions are bad. Do I take a sleeping bag? A tent? Right now my plan is to not take a tent, but to take a MontBell Thermawrap Parka and Pants. And maybe 1 lightweight sleeping bag to share with my partner -- if we have to stop and sleep or bivy.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: