Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Addendum to Yesterday's Post: Slab

For the most part, the snow was stable. As always, there are exceptions. This photo is on a NW facing aspect that I doubt sees much sun and is up pretty high. I'm guessing, that the failure was on a layer of surface hoar over a harder wind crust. I made a ski cut and flushed the chute. Then Ben flushed a small slab. Actually, the crown is larger than it looked from below. We were considering skiing some bigger lines on a NW aspect. I'm glad we passed on those since consequences would have been bigger. Thanks to Jon for the photo.

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ski Bike Junkie said...

Funny, I look at your blog when I want to know what the really cool people are doing. And then I get scared off by the lines you are skiing and the speed with which you are ascending them.

If you want to get out with some slow guys for a leisurely tour (at least for you), a few of us are meeting at 5:30 at the mouth of BCC to go up and do circle awl.