Saturday, March 7, 2009

Xterra Skimo Race


Length of Course: 12k
Total Vert: 4262 (according to my Suunto)
Total Descent: 4262
Time: between 1:15 and 1:20
Total Time Climbing: 1:09
Time Descending: 9 min
Rate of ascent: 60 fpm
Placings: Brian Smith (1st), Travis Scheefer (2nd), Mike Tobin (3rd), Me (4th)
Blisters: 1 on my toe
Gates missed: NONE! (Last year I think I was penalized 8 minutes for missing gates)
Athletes "Saving it for tomorrow": Eric Sullivan, Nico LeBrun, Jari Kirkland

Props to the Crested Butte folks for making the drive. Their presence really makes things fun (and competitive).


Ski Bike Junkie said...

Nice work.

Michael Tobin is a fast dude--he has been putting the hurt to Boise cyclists for a long time.

Layne said...

You guys were wicked fast. Maybe there is something to all the light scarpa & dynafit gear you guys were using.

Maybe next time I'll try and do a race not in my Nordica Beasts and 187cm skis. Anyways, it was a super fun race and good job on the high-placing finish.