Pages

Sunday, February 25, 2007

What do you do when you have a cold?

Training has been somewhat limited this week for two reasons: 1) I spent some time in the white room, and 2) I've had a cold (probably caused by 1).

Regarding 1), on Monday, we woke up to something that has been foreign this winter, snow. Although Solitude reported 10" we were surprised to discover over 24". In the chutes and bowls off of Summit, I am willing to swear that the snow was up to my waist -- before bending my knees to make a turn. There are face shots and there's the white room. You'd think that being blind and having all open orifices filled with snow wouldn't be that fun, but it is. I usually have to go into the backcountry to find the white room, but we found it at Solitude on Monday.

Tuesday through Saturday, I had a bad head cold. For me, it's hard to know how hard I should train when I'm sick. However, I've learned that your fitness usually doesn't go anywhere in a week and, more importantly, resting while you're sick is better than training and getting sicker and then having to sit out longer. So, I generally rested this week.

I managed to get a nice 3+ hr endurance pace ride in this morning in Sanpete county before Aaron's mission farewell. It's nice to get to the country once in a while. I rode in the middle of the road for at least 2 hrs of the ride without worrying about traffic. Of course, I also had to ride 2 miles of gravel, pot holed roads.

1 comment:

Faceless Ghost said...

So the cold is still with you, huh? Maybe you should step up the volume and intensity.