- It was cold. Probably below zero cold. To stay warm on Nez Perce, I robbed everyone of their packs, sat on one, put the others on top of me, mooched Nate's puffy, and (to no avail) tried to get people to cuddle with me.
- There were 4 Men in Tights, one Woman in Baggie pants
- Kim impressed us all by by logging the same 8k vertical we logged, but on "heavy" gear, Havocs and Divas, thus becoming "Crusher."
- Upper East Hourglass was not skiable, but the lower part definitely was.
- No. of times Andy got pulled over by the law, 2; no. of tickets, 0
- Another great day on 64 mm waisted skis.
- 8k vert, 10 hr tour. 30 hrs door-to-door (SLC to Jackson to SLC).
|West Hourglass (angling upper right to lower left). Photo taken Feb. 2011.|
|Middle Teton Glacier and the "Notch" (distinct "V") in top third, left edge of right third) in the background.|
Photo taken Feb. 2011.
|Hiking into Garnet Canyon|
|View of the Middle Teton and the Chouinard and Ellingwood Couloirs from Nez Perce. |
The Middle Teton Glacier tops out at the top of the Ellingwood.
|Andy and Nate in the cold cold shadow with El Grande and the Middle in the background.|
|Middle Teton Glacier and the shrund.|
|Andy and Nate about to gain the "Notch."|
|Soft snow, steep slope, October.|
|Andy and Nate with the Dike Pinnacle in the background.|
|Nate skiing the Middle Teton Glacier.|
|Brain skiing the Middle Teton glacier.|
|Brian and Kim descending above the shrund.|